Just to give a quick update.
My brain is weird, but I kinda like where this is going.
I had this rough concept early on when starting the marble project.
I don't want to put out too many details just yet.
But the main reason i got there was to make the thing or character you play as more relatable for players.
This is pretty hard to do with just a ball.
First plan was to just make the ball different rolling faces that can talk, could probably work.
Second plan was a somewhat different concept i was pushing away because i wasn't quite sure where to go with it.
Third plan a gamecharacter as something people are used to.
But the second plan did not want to leave my head, because I like the overall idea best.
So to give you a little screenshot rundown of where things are going:
- first image after just a single evening of work.
- few days later: extending and adding more objects.
- rough concept of how the ball would fit into bigger worlds, kinda like in the game Glover for the Nintendo 64.
- Well, just balls seem boring a character has to be in the game, so i used some more freely available stuff from the web to better see what i was building.
- And there i am now.. writing this blog entry a 5, almost 6 o' clock in the morning while havin a fire 'breathing' kitty in a debug room. The cat is also still a placeholder!